Welcome to our seventieth Development Status update.
Let’s get straight to business.
A new demo version has been uploaded, version 0.9.27. Check readme file for changelog.
From this week on, while waiting for the premiere, we’re going to show each week a module from the game – for example, how the assembly/disassembly system works.
It’s one of the most useful upgrades available in Tank Mechanic Simulator. There are two types of screws in TMS:
- rusted screws – marked by red color require special tools to be disassembled (hammer, angle grinder or wrench pistol)
- movable screws – marked by green color, player can interact with them without special tools
If a part is blocked by rusted screws, the player needs to use:
- Hammer – hit and forget
- Angle Grinder – cut and forget
- Wrench pistol – aim and unscrew
The wrench pistol can be unlocked in the upgrade panel (one of the big tool boxes in the workshop). When unlocked, player can unscrew rusted (red) screws by right clicking on them. No additional tools required.
See the video below for a quick presentation.
Wrench pistol in action
We are working on the development of new content to the game. One of it are new tanks extraction missions. Here are some work in progress screenshots.
We are not stopping and we’re still working on adding other amazing tanks to the game.
PzKpfw IV Ausf. G – Work in progress
Can you guess what tank is it? 🙂
Since less and less bugs are being reported, we can switch the focus a bit to implementing more suggestions and improvements.
Our plan for April in coding departament:
- Tank models loading – instead of loading all tanks at the beginning of the game and keeping them in memory (RAM), we’re going to load only tanks required currently. By saving RAM memory, we’re sacrificing the load time between switching Workshop scene rooms -> for example:
- Player has 3 tanks, each is a different type, one inside workshop, two in the yard
- When player moves from workshop to yard:
- The workshop tank is not disabled (like it is now), but it is completely destroyed and unloaded from the game.
- The yard tanks are being now loaded in from the game files, spawned and initiated properly
- Tank modules interchangability – the player should be able to switch a gearbox or an engine between tanks, as a whole (not single elements).
- Firing range prototype
If you have any suggestions, ideas or questions share it with us! 🙂
TMS Official Discord server – https://discord.gg/HPbJj9y
TMS Official Feedback Tracker
Or write to us at email@example.com
Have a good weekend and see you next week!