Welcome to our fortieth Development Status update.
It’s time for our monthly summary, so let’s get straight to business.
Sherman M4A3E8 Fully In-game screenshot. Exterior & Interior
Tiger I Fully In-game screenshot. Exterior & Interior
Tiger I – Engine, Gearbox etc. interior elements
The first month of game finalization process is behind us. What has been finished and what is still in progress:
- tank configuration script – makes our life easier when a raw .fbx tank is ready to be implemented in game
- game economy – it’s core mechanics are here
- optimization of code – make loading times smaller, stabilize fps etc.
- game economy final values – how much player should gain from finishing a contract etc.
- steam integration
- animations (hopefully)
- as always, bug fixing
We’ve got less than 5 weeks for premiere (30.08.2018) of early access of Tank Mechanic SImulator.
Why early access?
Our original plan for the game release was to :
- implement minimum 3 tanks
- have basic economy, renovation and extraction logic
During the development, our fans have supported us with many suggestions and feature request. Now, after internal discussion, we treat those suggestions as obligatory to be in the game, for the game to be called version 1.0.
We will present the roadmap for those missing features we want to add after the premiere in a special graphic in few weeks, here is the plan in text:
- Steam workshop integration – custom music, localization, paint/camo textures/decals etc., custom tanks (with special .pdf how to implement them)
- Test drive
- tank analisys mode
- tank camo/decal apply mode
- replacement of fade in/fade out screens with actual gameplay (on extraction scene for instance, where player could control the vehicles to dig out the tank himself)
- Museum manager
- Official localization of other languages, than ENG and POL
- and, of course, more tanks
That would be all for this week and month. If you have any suggestions, ideas or questions, write to us at email@example.com or visit our Discord server (https://discord.gg/HPbJj9y).
Have a good weekend and see you next week!