Welcome to our forty fifth Development Status update.
Let’s get straight to business.
As the premiere has been postponed, we’re continuing with our post-premiere plan (but now it’s pre-premiere).
First off, test drive mode.
What has been done in this week and what’s the plan for the next one.
- designing and implementing the engine startup procedure
- added checking the engine when starting it (so we know if the engine, fuel system and gearbox modules are in place)
- added temporary sounds for hand crank starting of Tiger I and Tiger I engine sounds (needs to be replaced in future)
- designing and implementing the test drive tank model for Tiger I (as this model needs driving physics, we’re using Physics Tank Maker asset from Unity Asset Store)
- merging workshop tank model and test drive tank model (copying element/modules state)
- adding test drive map (in the yard near warehouse)
- finalizing workflow of creating other test drive tank models (automization of this process)
- adding ability to rotate turret, elevate gun, basic interactions with tank electronics and panels (might be this task takes 2 or 3 weeks)
What is needed to be designed:
- how to repair tank electronics
- how to refill tank fuel and water supplies
- how to recharge tank battery
As You might know, the premiere has been postponed. This means we have 5 months more to develop the game.
The game will be released as a full game, not Early Access as previous premiere was planned. 5 months gives us a 3,5 months time of adding new gameplay mechanics to the game – from our experience any work is getting slower near Christmas and New Years Eve, so all new stuff needs to be added up to mid-December. When this happens, we’re back to testing and adding localization for the game.
Have a good weekend and see you next week!