Welcome to our forty seventh Development Status update.
Let’s get straight to business.
We are working into getting making new room structures around whole Warehouse complex. With this is plan to implement player leveling / upgrade system similar to what can be seen in CMS 18. With gained points or experience player will be able to unlock more rooms and more space to work on more tanks.
Plan of warehouse at the moment includes:
- Workshop Room 1 (default)
- Yard (default)
- Office (default)
- Room with plenty of tools (default)
- Paint room (Unlock level I)
- Workshop room 2 (Unlock level II)
- Museum Room I (Unlock level II)
- Museum Room II (Unlock level III)
- Testing ground (Unlock level II or III)
- Storage (for now it is going to be a non playable area)
At this moment of the game Storage works only as a UI, and it is a non enterable area. But we leave the gate open for future implementation of physical tank elements which can be disassembled and moved to Storage to be placed on shelfs.
State of the test module implementation after this week:
- test drive and workshop tank models have been merged (Tiger I only still)
- player can start and return from the test drive without problems
- player won’t be allowed to start the test drive if the tank does not have all wheels and tracks mounted and repaired
- KV-1 and KV-2 test drive models are ready to be set up to the game (more about how this preparing procedure below)
Next week plan
- All 5 current tanks have the test drive implemented
- Test Drive map
- Overall finalization of the test drive module
The tank test drive module implementation procedure:
- workshop tank model (purposed only for repairs and renovation logic) is transformed into a temporary tank model used by Physics Tank Maker (this system allows us to create any tank with physical tracks/wheels/suspension system)
- the temporary model gets a remake for all required logic for the test drive module – engine sound, particles, animations, interior lights etc.
Have a good weekend and see you next week!