Tank Mechanic Simulator Community FAQ
As we are still deep into development, this FAQ is WIP.
1. What tanks are confirmed to be in the game?
- Tiger I
- Panzer III J
- Panzer III M
- StuG 40 Ausf. G
- Soviet Union
- M4A3E8 Sherman
- M26 Pershing
2. Can You add X or Y tank into the game?
Of course we can, just give us unlimited time and money, and we can add all tanks ever 😉
Back to reality, each tank we add requires through research, interior and exterior 3D model.
With our current work force we estimated, that working on game modules as well as on the tanks allows us for 3 tanks.
Each tank, presented in the game, needs:
- interior and exterior model
- tank history – from first prototypes on paper to its last usage during/after the war
- crew stories – tank aces etc.
- most famous battles
- any info regarding the tank worth mentioning – anegdotes etc.
3. Is this game made by CMS 2018 developers?
Our team, Degenerals, is a separate developer team, sharing the same publisher with CMS 2018 developers, PlayWay.
4. Will you censor Nazi imagery?
The DeGenerals team never approved this kind of censorship, especially in games that treat the Second World War topic seriously.
Our game is focused on history of World War II tanks, their crews and their deeds. We plan to prepare a separate presentation about every tank shown in the game, just like in National Geographic or Discovery documentaries.
We want to make the game as historical as possible, show history as it is, backed by thorough research and help from our community.
Unfortunately we don’t have the final word in this matter. If we want to release the game to one of the biggest markets in Europe, Germany, we will probably run into the censorship issues. If our publisher, PlayWay won’t find a resolution for this problem, we’ll prepare a censored version of the game. But, if we’re going to censor Nazi symbols, the same situation happens for USRR symbols.
1. What about mods/user made content?
That’s next step for us. We want to allow the community to create their content and share it, we don’t know if and when we can deliver such system.
It’s something we’ve never done before, we first need to learn how to develop such system/tool.
2.Will this game be translated into other languages than English?
Sure thing, our publisher, PlayWay has many translators working for it’s former projects.
Languages that we can confirm:
We will update this list if any other language gets confirmed.
1. How to reach us?
- Website – http://tankmechanic.degenerals.com/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/tankmechanicsimulator
- Facebook DeGenerals – https://www.facebook.com/DegeneralsOfficial
- Twitter – http://twitter.com/_Degenerals
- Discord – https://discord.gg/HPbJj9y
- Mail – email@example.com
2. Most important dates:
Our current release schedule is as follows:
Closed Beta – Late Q2 (May – June), 2018
Game premiere – 29.01.2019
PC Windows. Any other platform is not planned for now.